Saturday, March 2, 2013

Personal response to the reading


This book connects with my life because, when I was a child my mom was a single mother with three kids and I was the youngest just like in the dentist case in this book. We often struggled to make from day to day like Rameck. When I was old enough I went out and got a job to afford the designer clothes that my mom wouldn't buy for me. I often wonder as I read if they hadn't made the pact where would they be at in this point in their lives now. This is importance because its shows that they didn't have it good in their childhood like a lot of kids today but they made something of their self's and became doctors. I don't understand why his stepfather left his mom what’s was the cause of them splitting is the big question. I want to remember this book because it sounds allot like my childhood grown up and me succeeding in my life right now. The quote from the book that I will response on is as soon as my mother, my brother, and I moved to the projects in a building on Muhammad Ali Ave; my mother started working hard to get us out. This is what a mom is suppose to do she didn't want her kids around the negative things that's was going on in the neighborhood so she starting working long hours so that she could move to a better place for her kids she was determined to succeed for her kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment