Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Personal connection to Chapter 8




The personal connection I made with this book chapter is, when I went to stay with my aunt across town , and began to do a little better in school because if felt that I had a stable home.

I grew closer with my childhood friend and we began to hang real closely walking to and from school, playing football, running track and taking JROTC class together, if one did something we both had to take part in it. We challenged each other to do well in school often comparing grades to each others, and would talk junk to one if he didn’t produce the same type of grade. Just like in the chapter I had no father figure at home and looked up to my uncle or people had already been thru what I had to go through, that’s who often taught me the value of life. Me and my childhood friend often got in trouble be was smarter enough not to get caught doing it, letting other get caught doing the dirt and we laugh at them cause they wasn’t smart enough to stop letting the feeling of trouble overwhelm them. We both looked up to a teacher his name was first sergeant our JROTC teacher who was just like our father. He often guided us to make something of ourselves and leave the bad company behind not knowing we were the bad company on others.

In the book Racmeck talks about how often he was pushed by Carla to do better and not let them give up on school she made theme visualize themselves as Doctors a way to help keep them focus.

We in my life my teacher often cursed at us out of anger and frustration of us doing poor and living the thug life. He often made us visualize our self's as drug dealer dead or in jail of cripple to show us that's were we were headed, if we didn't clean up our act.

No comments:

Post a Comment